Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 0/6] page_pool: a couple of assorted optimizations

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2023 10:01:06 -0700

On Thu,  3 Aug 2023 18:40:08 +0200 Alexander Lobakin wrote:
> That initially was a spin-off of the IAVF PP series[0], but has grown
> (and shrunk) since then a bunch. In fact, it consists of three
> semi-independent blocks:
> 
> * #1-2: Compile-time optimization. Split page_pool.h into 2 headers to
>   not overbloat the consumers not needing complex inline helpers and
>   then stop including it in skbuff.h at all. The first patch is also
>   prereq for the whole series.
> * #3: Improve cacheline locality for users of the Page Pool frag API.
> * #4-6: Use direct cache recycling more aggressively, when it is safe
>   obviously. In addition, make sure nobody wants to use Page Pool API
>   with disabled interrupts.
> 
> Patches #1 and #5 are authored by Yunsheng and Jakub respectively, with
> small modifications from my side as per ML discussions.
> For the perf numbers for #3-6, please see individual commit messages.
> 
> Also available on my GH with many more Page Pool goodies[1].

Replying here so that potential reviewers see.

I just pushed the update to docs which will conflict with this series.
Please rebase and repost (without the 24h wait).
-- 
pw-bot: cr