Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] gve: add header split support

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2023 19:22:31 -0700

On Fri, 11 Aug 2023 15:39:38 -0700 Ziwei Xiao wrote:
> - Add header-split and strict-header-split ethtool priv flags. These
>   flags control header-split behavior. It can be turned on/off and it
>   can be set to 'strict' which will cause the driver to drop all the
>   packets that don't have a proper header split.
> - Add max-rx-buffer-size priv flag to allow user to switch the packet
>   buffer size between max and default(e.g. 4K <-> 2K).
> - Add reconfigure rx rings to support the header split and
>   max-rx-buffer-size enable/disable switch.

Someone on your team needs to participate upstream or you need
to get your patches reviewed from someone upstream-savvy before
posting.

Anyone participating in netdev reviews would have told you that
private flags are unlikely to fly upstream.

One part of an organization participating upstream while another
has no upstream understanding and throws code over the wall is
a common anti-pattern, and I intend to stop it.
-- 
pw-bot: cr