Subject: [RFC PATCH net-next v3 0/2] net: veth: Optimizing page pool usage

From: Liang Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2023 20:30:27 +0800

Page pool is supported for veth, but at the moment pages are not properly
recyled for XDP_TX and XDP_REDIRECT. That prevents veth xdp from fully
leveraging the advantages of the page pool. So this RFC patchset is mainly
to make recycling work for those cases. With that in place, it can be
further optimized by utilizing the napi skb cache. Detailed figures are
presented in each commit message, and together they demonstrate a quite
noticeable improvement.

Changes from v2:
- refactor the code to make it more readable
- make use of the napi skb cache for further optimization 
- take the Page pool creation error handling patch out for separate
  submission

Liang Chen (2):
  net: veth: Improving page pool recycling
  net: veth: Optimizing skb reuse in NAPI Context

 drivers/net/veth.c | 66 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++------
 net/core/skbuff.c  |  1 +
 2 files changed, 59 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

-- 
2.40.1