Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v3 0/8] devlink: Add port function attributes

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 20:07:25 -0700

On Thu, 17 Aug 2023 12:11:22 +0300 Leon Romanovsky wrote:
> Introduce hypervisor-level control knobs to set the functionality of PCI
> VF devices passed through to guests. The administrator of a hypervisor
> host may choose to change the settings of a port function from the
> defaults configured by the device firmware.
> 
> The software stack has two types of IPsec offload - crypto and packet.
> Specifically, the ip xfrm command has sub-commands for "state" and
> "policy" that have an "offload" parameter. With ip xfrm state, both
> crypto and packet offload types are supported, while ip xfrm policy can
> only be offloaded in packet mode.
> 
> The series introduces two new boolean attributes of a port function:
> ipsec_crypto and ipsec_packet. The goal is to provide a similar level of
> granularity for controlling VF IPsec offload capabilities, which would
> be aligned with the software model. This will allow users to decide if
> they want both types of offload enabled for a VF, just one of them, or
> none at all (which is the default).
> 
> At a high level, the difference between the two knobs is that with
> ipsec_crypto, only XFRM state can be offloaded. Specifically, only the
> crypto operation (Encrypt/Decrypt) is offloaded. With ipsec_packet, both
> XFRM state and policy can be offloaded. Furthermore, in addition to
> crypto operation offload, IPsec encapsulation is also offloaded. For
> XFRM state, choosing between crypto and packet offload types is
> possible. From the HW perspective, different resources may be required
> for each offload type.

What's going on with all the outstanding nVidia patches?!
The expectation is 1 series per vendor / driver. Let's say
2 if there are core changes. You had 5 outstanding today.

I'm tossing this out.
-- 
pw-bot: defer