Subject: [PATCH 0/7] wifi: cfg80211: Annotate with __counted_by

From: Kees Cook <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2023 14:15:22 -0700

Hi,

This annotates several structures with the coming __counted_by attribute
for bounds checking of flexible arrays at run-time. As a note toward
applicability, had this mitigation been available already, the flaw
fixed in commit 6311071a0562 ("wifi: nl80211: fix integer overflow in
nl80211_parse_mbssid_elems()") would have already been unexploitable
(i.e. writes through an out-of-bounds index would have been blocked).

Thanks!

-Kees

Kees Cook (7):
  wifi: cfg80211: Annotate struct cfg80211_acl_data with __counted_by
  wifi: cfg80211: Annotate struct cfg80211_cqm_config with __counted_by
  wifi: cfg80211: Annotate struct cfg80211_mbssid_elems with
    __counted_by
  wifi: cfg80211: Annotate struct cfg80211_pmsr_request with
    __counted_by
  wifi: cfg80211: Annotate struct cfg80211_rnr_elems with __counted_by
  wifi: cfg80211: Annotate struct cfg80211_scan_request with
    __counted_by
  wifi: cfg80211: Annotate struct cfg80211_tid_config with __counted_by

 include/net/cfg80211.h | 12 ++++++------
 net/wireless/core.h    |  2 +-
 net/wireless/nl80211.c |  7 +++----
 net/wireless/pmsr.c    |  3 +--
 4 files changed, 11 insertions(+), 13 deletions(-)

-- 
2.34.1