Subject: Re: [PATCH iwl-next v8 00/15] Introduce the Parser Library

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2023 08:20:39 -0700

On Thu, 24 Aug 2023 15:54:45 +0800 Junfeng Guo wrote:
> Current software architecture for flow filtering offloading limited
> the capability of Intel Ethernet 800 Series Dynamic Device
> Personalization (DDP) Package. The flow filtering offloading in the
> driver is enabled based on the naming parsers, each flow pattern is
> represented by a protocol header stack. And there are multiple layers
> (e.g., virtchnl) to maintain their own enum/macro/structure
> to represent a protocol header (IP, TCP, UDP ...), thus the extra
> parsers to verify if a pattern is supported by hardware or not as
> well as the extra converters that to translate represents between
> different layers. Every time a new protocol/field is requested to be
> supported, the corresponding logic for the parsers and the converters
> needs to be modified accordingly. Thus, huge & redundant efforts are
> required to support the increasing flow filtering offloading features,
> especially for the tunnel types flow filtering.

You keep breaking the posting guidelines :(
I already complained to people at Intel about you.

The only way to push back that I can think of is to start handing out
posting suspensions for all @intel.com addresses on netdev. Please
don't make us stoop that low.