Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 0/2] net: qrtr: Few qrtr fixes

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2023 16:19:05 +0200

On Fri, Sep 01, 2023 at 03:50:19PM +0530, Sricharan Ramabadhran wrote:
> Patch #1 fixes a race condition between qrtr driver and ns opening and
> sending data to a control port.
> 
> Patch #2 address the issue with legacy targets sending the SSR
> notifications using DEL_PROC control message.

Hi Sricharan,

if these are fixes then they should be targeted at 'net' rather than
'net-next', and consideration should be given to supplying Fixes tags.

If these are not fixes, then please don't describe them as such.
In this case targeting net-next is correct, but it is currently closed,
as per the form letter below.

In either case please consider:

* Arranging local variables for new Networking code in
  reverse xmas tree order - longest line to shortest

* Avoiding introducing new Sparse warnings

## Form letter - net-next-closed

The merge window for v6.6 has begun and therefore net-next is closed
for new drivers, features, code refactoring and optimizations.
We are currently accepting bug fixes only.

Please repost when net-next reopens after Sept 11th.

RFC patches sent for review only are obviously welcome at any time.

See: https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/next/process/maintainer-netdev.html#development-cycle
--
pw-bot: defer