Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 net-next 0/5] net: dsa: hsr: Enable HSR HW offloading for KSZ9477

From: Lukasz Majewski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2023 13:18:38 +0200

Hi Vladimir,

> Hi Lukasz,
> 
> On Wed, Sep 20, 2023 at 01:43:38PM +0200, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
> > Code: v6.6.0-rc1+ Linux repository  
> 
> Your patches conflict with Oleksij's ACL patches, merged on the 14th
> of September.
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/netdevbpf/patch/[email-masked]/
> 
> Please always submit patches formatted on the most recent tip of the
> "main" branch of
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net-next.git

By mistake my net-next repo was pointing to:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/netdev/net

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like the net repo for
current mainline fixes...

> at the time of submission, not "v6.6.0-rc1+ Linux repository". There
> is nothing that will be done with patches formatted on older trees.
> 
> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/netdevbpf/patch/[email-masked]/
> netdev/apply 	fail 	Patch does not apply to net-next

However, after fetching net-next - I can apply v5 without issues on top
of it.

SHA1: 5a1b322cb0b7d0d33a2d13462294dc0f46911172
"Merge branch 'mlxsw-multicast'"

https://source.denx.de/linux/linux-ksz9477/-/commits/net-next-ksz-HSR-devel-v5?ref_type=heads
Linux version from `uname -a`: 6.6.0-rc2+

However, it looks like I would need to prepare v6 anyway...

Best regards,

Lukasz Majewski

--

DENX Software Engineering GmbH,      Managing Director: Erika Unter
HRB 165235 Munich, Office: Kirchenstr.5, D-82194 Groebenzell, Germany
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-59 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: [email-masked]