Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] can: sja1000: Fix comment

From: Miquel Raynal <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2023 19:13:16 +0200

Hi Simon,

[email-masked] wrote on Thu, 28 Sep 2023 14:35:56 +0200:

> On Fri, Sep 22, 2023 at 05:51:30PM +0200, Miquel Raynal wrote:
> > There is likely a copy-paste error here, as the exact same comment
> > appears below in this function, one time calling set_reset_mode(), the
> > other set_normal_mode().
> > 
> > Fixes: 429da1cc841b ("can: Driver for the SJA1000 CAN controller")  
> 
> I'm not sure this warrants a fixes tag, which implies backporting,
> but in any case the tag is correct.

My understanding is that "Fixes" does not imply backporting, whereas
"Cc: [email-masked]" actually does. In practice, stable
maintainers are using magic scripts which, it's true, often select
patches which contain a Fixes tag, but that's more a consequence of
people not Cc'ing stable when it's relevant :)

> > Signed-off-by: Miquel Raynal <[email-masked]>  
> 
> The above comment notwithstanding, this seems correct to me.
> 
> Reviewed-by: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>

Thanks for the review,
Miquèl