Subject: Re: [PATCH] idpf: fix building without IPv4

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2023 15:43:26 -0700

On Mon, 25 Sep 2023 10:05:03 -0700 Tony Nguyen wrote:
> Also, a pending patch for this [1], however, this does look a bit more 
> efficient. Adding Olek as he's author on the other patch.
> 
> netdev maintainers,
> 
> If this is the version that does get picked up, did you want to take it 
> directly to close out the compile issues?

Sorry for the delays. Should we not add a !INET static inline wrapper
for tcp_gro_complete()? Seems a bit backwards to me to make drivers
suffer and think about such a preposterous config :S

$ git grep tcp_gro_complete -- drivers/
drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnx2x/bnx2x_cmn.c:        tcp_gro_complete(skb);
drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt.c:              tcp_gro_complete(skb);
drivers/net/ethernet/intel/idpf/idpf_txrx.c:    tcp_gro_complete(skb);
drivers/net/ethernet/qlogic/qede/qede_fp.c:     tcp_gro_complete(skb);

We have 4 drivers which need ifdefs already and the number will only
grow with GRO-HW spreading.