Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v9 12/13] net:ethernet:realtek: Update the Makefile and Kconfig in the realtek folder

From: kernel test robot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2023 07:47:49 +0800

Hi Justin,

kernel test robot noticed the following build warnings:

[auto build test WARNING on net-next/main]

url:    https://github.com/intel-lab-lkp/linux/commits/Justin-Lai/net-ethernet-realtek-rtase-Add-pci-table-supported-in-this-module/20230928-185229
base:   net-next/main
patch link:    https://lore.kernel.org/r/20230928104920.113511-13-justinlai0215%40realtek.com
patch subject: [PATCH net-next v9 12/13] net:ethernet:realtek: Update the Makefile and Kconfig in the realtek folder
config: i386-randconfig-061-20231005 (https://download.01.org/0day-ci/archive/20231005/[email-masked]/config)
compiler: gcc-11 (Debian 11.3.0-12) 11.3.0
reproduce (this is a W=1 build): (https://download.01.org/0day-ci/archive/20231005/[email-masked]/reproduce)

If you fix the issue in a separate patch/commit (i.e. not just a new version of
the same patch/commit), kindly add following tags
| Reported-by: kernel test robot <[email-masked]>
| Closes: https://lore.kernel.org/oe-kbuild-all/[email-masked]/

sparse warnings: (new ones prefixed by >>)
>> drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:203:20: sparse: sparse: incorrect type in assignment (different base types) @@     expected restricted __le64 [usertype] addr @@     got long long @@
   drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:203:20: sparse:     expected restricted __le64 [usertype] addr
   drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:203:20: sparse:     got long long
   drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:362:29: sparse: sparse: incorrect type in assignment (different base types) @@     expected restricted __le64 [usertype] addr @@     got long long @@
   drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:362:29: sparse:     expected restricted __le64 [usertype] addr
   drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:362:29: sparse:     got long long
>> drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:686:37: sparse: sparse: cast to restricted __le64
   drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:687:37: sparse: sparse: cast to restricted __le64
   drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:692:19: sparse: sparse: cast to restricted __le64
   drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:694:37: sparse: sparse: cast to restricted __le64
   drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:708:27: sparse: sparse: cast to restricted __le64
   drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:710:27: sparse: sparse: cast to restricted __le64
   drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:727:35: sparse: sparse: cast to restricted __le64
   drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:729:35: sparse: sparse: cast to restricted __le64
   drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:732:35: sparse: sparse: cast to restricted __le64
   drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:734:35: sparse: sparse: cast to restricted __le64
   drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:1580:19: sparse: sparse: cast to restricted __le64
   drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:1584:37: sparse: sparse: cast to restricted __le64
   drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:1614:29: sparse: sparse: cast to restricted __le64
>> drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:1614:29: sparse: sparse: cast from restricted __le32
   drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:1615:36: sparse: sparse: cast to restricted __le64
>> drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:1615:36: sparse: sparse: cast from restricted __le16
   drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:1616:35: sparse: sparse: cast to restricted __le64
   drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c:1616:35: sparse: sparse: cast from restricted __le16

vim +203 drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/rtase/rtase_main.c

1f431ee317f33f Justin Lai 2023-09-28  195  
29576bc3be86aa Justin Lai 2023-09-28  196  static void rtase_unmap_tx_skb(struct pci_dev *pdev, u32 len,
29576bc3be86aa Justin Lai 2023-09-28  197  			       struct tx_desc *desc)
29576bc3be86aa Justin Lai 2023-09-28  198  {
29576bc3be86aa Justin Lai 2023-09-28  199  	dma_unmap_single(&pdev->dev, le64_to_cpu(desc->addr), len,
29576bc3be86aa Justin Lai 2023-09-28  200  			 DMA_TO_DEVICE);
29576bc3be86aa Justin Lai 2023-09-28  201  	desc->opts1 = cpu_to_le32(RTK_OPTS1_DEBUG_VALUE);
29576bc3be86aa Justin Lai 2023-09-28  202  	desc->opts2 = 0x00;
29576bc3be86aa Justin Lai 2023-09-28 @203  	desc->addr = RTK_MAGIC_NUMBER;
29576bc3be86aa Justin Lai 2023-09-28  204  }
29576bc3be86aa Justin Lai 2023-09-28  205  

-- 
0-DAY CI Kernel Test Service
https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/wiki