Subject: [PATCH v2] staging: qlge: Replace strncpy with strscpy

From: Ricardo Lopes <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2023 17:12:24 +0100

Reported by checkpatch:

WARNING: Prefer strscpy, strscpy_pad, or __nonstring over strncpy

Signed-off-by: Ricardo Lopes <[email-masked]>
---
v2: Redo changelog text

 drivers/staging/qlge/qlge_dbg.c | 6 +++---
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/staging/qlge/qlge_dbg.c b/drivers/staging/qlge/qlge_dbg.c
index c7e865f51..5f08a8492 100644
--- a/drivers/staging/qlge/qlge_dbg.c
+++ b/drivers/staging/qlge/qlge_dbg.c
@@ -696,7 +696,7 @@ static void qlge_build_coredump_seg_header(struct mpi_coredump_segment_header *s
 	seg_hdr->cookie = MPI_COREDUMP_COOKIE;
 	seg_hdr->seg_num = seg_number;
 	seg_hdr->seg_size = seg_size;
-	strncpy(seg_hdr->description, desc, (sizeof(seg_hdr->description)) - 1);
+	strscpy(seg_hdr->description, desc, sizeof(seg_hdr->description));
 }
 
 /*
@@ -737,7 +737,7 @@ int qlge_core_dump(struct qlge_adapter *qdev, struct qlge_mpi_coredump *mpi_core
 		sizeof(struct mpi_coredump_global_header);
 	mpi_coredump->mpi_global_header.image_size =
 		sizeof(struct qlge_mpi_coredump);
-	strncpy(mpi_coredump->mpi_global_header.id_string, "MPI Coredump",
+	strscpy(mpi_coredump->mpi_global_header.id_string, "MPI Coredump",
 		sizeof(mpi_coredump->mpi_global_header.id_string));
 
 	/* Get generic NIC reg dump */
@@ -1225,7 +1225,7 @@ static void qlge_gen_reg_dump(struct qlge_adapter *qdev,
 		sizeof(struct mpi_coredump_global_header);
 	mpi_coredump->mpi_global_header.image_size =
 		sizeof(struct qlge_reg_dump);
-	strncpy(mpi_coredump->mpi_global_header.id_string, "MPI Coredump",
+	strscpy(mpi_coredump->mpi_global_header.id_string, "MPI Coredump",
 		sizeof(mpi_coredump->mpi_global_header.id_string));
 
 	/* segment 16 */
-- 
2.41.0