Subject: [PATCH 0/7] net: openvswitch: Reduce stack usage

From: Nicholas Piggin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2023 13:43:37 +1000

Hi,

I'll post this out again to keep discussion going. Thanks all for the
testing and comments so far.

Changes since the RFC
https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/

- Replace slab allocations for flow keys with expanding the use
  of the per-CPU key allocator to ovs_vport_receive.

- Drop patch 1 with Ilya's since they did the same thing (that is
  added at patch 3).

- Change push_nsh stack reduction from slab allocation to per-cpu
  buffer.

- Drop the ovs_fragment stack usage reduction for now sinc it used
  slab and was a bit more complicated.

I posted an initial version of the per-cpu flow allocator patch in
the RFC thread. Since then I cleaned up some debug code and increased
the allocator size to accommodate the additional user of it.

Thanks,
Nick

Ilya Maximets (1):
  openvswitch: reduce stack usage in do_execute_actions

Nicholas Piggin (6):
  net: openvswitch: generalise the per-cpu flow key allocation stack
  net: openvswitch: Use flow key allocator in ovs_vport_receive
  net: openvswitch: Reduce push_nsh stack usage
  net: openvswitch: uninline action execution
  net: openvswitch: uninline ovs_fragment to control stack usage
  net: openvswitch: Reduce stack usage in ovs_dp_process_packet

 net/openvswitch/actions.c  | 208 +++++++++++++++++++++++--------------
 net/openvswitch/datapath.c |  56 +++++-----
 net/openvswitch/flow.h     |   3 +
 net/openvswitch/vport.c    |  27 +++--
 4 files changed, 185 insertions(+), 109 deletions(-)

-- 
2.42.0