Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v5 1/3] ethtool: Add forced speed to supported link modes maps

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2023 11:26:22 +0200

On Sun, Oct 15, 2023 at 07:43:02PM -0400, Paul Greenwalt wrote:
> The need to map Ethtool forced speeds to Ethtool supported link modes is
> common among drivers. To support this, add a common structure for forced
> speed maps and a function to init them.  This is solution was originally
> introduced in commit 1d4e4ecccb11 ("qede: populate supported link modes
> maps on module init") for qede driver.
> 
> ethtool_forced_speed_maps_init() should be called during driver init
> with an array of struct ethtool_forced_speed_map to populate the mapping.
> 
> Definitions for maps themselves are left in the driver code, as the sets
> of supported link modes may vary between the devices.
> 
> Suggested-by: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Jacob Keller <[email-masked]>
> Reviewed-by: Przemek Kitszel <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Pawel Chmielewski <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Paul Greenwalt <[email-masked]>

Thanks Paul,

I verified that this duplicates infrastructure added by the commit quoted
above. And splits adding the new from removing the old into separate
patches as suggested by Jiri in his review of v2.

This leads to nice code reuse in patch 3/3
and makes for a nicely constructed patchset.

Reviewed-by: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>