Subject: Re: [PATCH net v2 2/2] net/smc: correct the reason code in smc_listen_find_device when fallback

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2023 11:00:32 -0700

On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 20:42:34 +0800 Guangguan Wang wrote:
> The ini->rc is used to store the last error happened when finding usable
> ism or rdma device in smc_listen_find_device, and is set by calling smc_
> find_device_store_rc. Once the ini->rc is assigned to an none-zero value,
> the value can not be overwritten anymore. So the ini-rc should be set to
> the error reason only when an error actually occurs.
> 
> When finding ISM/RDMA devices, device not found is not a real error, as
> not all machine have ISM/RDMA devices. Failures after device found, when
> initializing device or when initializing connection, is real errors, and
> should be store in ini->rc.
> 
> SMC_CLC_DECL_DIFFPREFIX also is not a real error, as for SMC-RV2, it is
> not require same prefix.

If it's important enough to be a fix this late in the release cycle,
it better come with a Fixes tag...
-- 
pw-bot: cr