Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 00/11] io_uring: Initial support for {s,g}etsockopt commands

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 08:33:05 -0700

On Thu, 19 Oct 2023 08:58:59 -0600 Jens Axboe wrote:
> On 10/16/23 7:47 AM, Breno Leitao wrote:
> > This patchset adds support for getsockopt (SOCKET_URING_OP_GETSOCKOPT)
> > and setsockopt (SOCKET_URING_OP_SETSOCKOPT) in io_uring commands.
> > SOCKET_URING_OP_SETSOCKOPT implements generic case, covering all levels
> > and optnames. SOCKET_URING_OP_GETSOCKOPT is limited, for now, to
> > SOL_SOCKET level, which seems to be the most common level parameter for
> > get/setsockopt(2).
> > 
> > In order to keep the implementation (and tests) simple, some refactors
> > were done prior to the changes, as follows:  
> 
> Looks like folks are mostly happy with this now, so the next question is
> how to stage it?

Would be good to get acks from BPF folks but AFAICT first four patches
apply cleanly for us now. If they apply cleanly for you I reckon you
can take them directly with io-uring. It's -rc7 time, with a bit of
luck we'll get to the merge window without a conflict.