Subject: Re: [pull request][net-next V2 00/15] mlx5 updates 2023-10-19

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2023 11:52:02 +0300

On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 06:02:51PM -0700, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Oct 2023 23:46:05 -0700 Saeed Mahameed wrote:
> >   - Add missing Fixes tags
> 
> Fixes for bugs present in net need to go to net..
> We are pretty strict about that, is there any context I'm missing?

This patch won't fix much without following patch in that series.
https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

Yes, users will see their replay window correctly through "ip xfrm state"
command, so this is why it has Fixes line, but it won't change anything
in the actual behavior without patch 7 and this is the reason why it was
sent to net-next.

>From patch 3:
 Users can configure IPsec replay window size, but mlx5 driver didn't
 honor their choice and set always 32bits.

>From patch 7:
 After IPsec decryption it isn't enough to only check the IPsec syndrome
 but need to also check the ASO syndrome in order to verify that the
 operation was actually successful.

Thanks