Subject: [GIT PULL] vhost,virtio,vdpa: features, fixes, cleanups

From: "Michael S. Tsirkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2023 10:58:06 -0500

The following changes since commit ffc253263a1375a65fa6c9f62a893e9767fbebfa:

  Linux 6.6 (2023-10-29 16:31:08 -1000)

are available in the Git repository at:

  https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost.git tags/for_linus

for you to fetch changes up to 86f6c224c97911b4392cb7b402e6a4ed323a449e:

  vdpa_sim: implement .reset_map support (2023-11-01 09:20:00 -0400)

----------------------------------------------------------------
vhost,virtio,vdpa: features, fixes, cleanups

vdpa/mlx5:
	VHOST_BACKEND_F_ENABLE_AFTER_DRIVER_OK
	new maintainer
vdpa:
	support for vq descriptor mappings
	decouple reset of iotlb mapping from device reset

fixes, cleanups all over the place

Signed-off-by: Michael S. Tsirkin <[email-masked]>

----------------------------------------------------------------
Dragos Tatulea (14):
      vdpa/mlx5: Expose descriptor group mkey hw capability
      vdpa/mlx5: Create helper function for dma mappings
      vdpa/mlx5: Decouple cvq iotlb handling from hw mapping code
      vdpa/mlx5: Take cvq iotlb lock during refresh
      vdpa/mlx5: Collapse "dvq" mr add/delete functions
      vdpa/mlx5: Rename mr destroy functions
      vdpa/mlx5: Allow creation/deletion of any given mr struct
      vdpa/mlx5: Move mr mutex out of mr struct
      vdpa/mlx5: Improve mr update flow
      vdpa/mlx5: Introduce mr for vq descriptor
      vdpa/mlx5: Enable hw support for vq descriptor mapping
      vdpa/mlx5: Make iotlb helper functions more generic
      vdpa/mlx5: Update cvq iotlb mapping on ASID change
      MAINTAINERS: Add myself as mlx5_vdpa driver

Eugenio Pérez (1):
      mlx5_vdpa: offer VHOST_BACKEND_F_ENABLE_AFTER_DRIVER_OK

Geert Uytterhoeven (1):
      vhost-scsi: Spelling s/preceeding/preceding/g

Greg Kroah-Hartman (1):
      vduse: make vduse_class constant

Michael S. Tsirkin (1):
      Merge branch 'mlx5-vhost' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mellanox/linux.git

Shannon Nelson (1):
      virtio: kdoc for struct virtio_pci_modern_device

Shawn.Shao (1):
      vdpa: Update sysfs ABI documentation

Si-Wei Liu (10):
      vdpa: introduce dedicated descriptor group for virtqueue
      vhost-vdpa: introduce descriptor group backend feature
      vhost-vdpa: uAPI to get dedicated descriptor group id
      vdpa: introduce .reset_map operation callback
      vhost-vdpa: reset vendor specific mapping to initial state in .release
      vhost-vdpa: introduce IOTLB_PERSIST backend feature bit
      vdpa: introduce .compat_reset operation callback
      vhost-vdpa: clean iotlb map during reset for older userspace
      vdpa/mlx5: implement .reset_map driver op
      vdpa_sim: implement .reset_map support

Xuan Zhuo (3):
      virtio: add definition of VIRTIO_F_NOTIF_CONFIG_DATA feature bit
      virtio_pci: add build offset check for the new common cfg items
      virtio_pci: add check for common cfg size

Xueshi Hu (1):
      virtio-balloon: correct the comment of virtballoon_migratepage()

zhenwei pi (1):
      virtio-blk: fix implicit overflow on virtio_max_dma_size

 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-bus-vdpa |   4 +-
 MAINTAINERS                              |   6 +
 drivers/block/virtio_blk.c               |   4 +-
 drivers/vdpa/mlx5/core/mlx5_vdpa.h       |  32 +++--
 drivers/vdpa/mlx5/core/mr.c              | 213 +++++++++++++++++++------------
 drivers/vdpa/mlx5/core/resources.c       |   6 +-
 drivers/vdpa/mlx5/net/mlx5_vnet.c        | 137 +++++++++++++++-----
 drivers/vdpa/vdpa_sim/vdpa_sim.c         |  52 ++++++--
 drivers/vdpa/vdpa_user/vduse_dev.c       |  40 +++---
 drivers/vhost/scsi.c                     |   2 +-
 drivers/vhost/vdpa.c                     |  79 +++++++++++-
 drivers/virtio/virtio_balloon.c          |   2 +-
 drivers/virtio/virtio_pci_modern.c       |  36 ++++++
 drivers/virtio/virtio_pci_modern_dev.c   |   6 +-
 drivers/virtio/virtio_vdpa.c             |   2 +-
 include/linux/mlx5/mlx5_ifc.h            |   8 +-
 include/linux/mlx5/mlx5_ifc_vdpa.h       |   7 +-
 include/linux/vdpa.h                     |  41 +++++-
 include/linux/virtio_pci_modern.h        |  35 +++--
 include/uapi/linux/vhost.h               |   8 ++
 include/uapi/linux/vhost_types.h         |   7 +
 include/uapi/linux/virtio_config.h       |   5 +
 22 files changed, 546 insertions(+), 186 deletions(-)