Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/6] input/vmmouse: Use vmware_hypercall API

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2023 19:46:46 +0000

On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 03:30:49PM -0800, Alexey Makhalov wrote:
> Switch from VMWARE_HYPERCALL macro to vmware_hypercall API.
> Eliminate arch specific code. No functional changes intended.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Alexey Makhalov <[email-masked]>

Hi Alexey,

it is not strictly related to this patch, but I notice than an x86_64
allmodconfig build with W=1 using gcc-13 fails to compile this file.

It appears that the problem relates to both priv->phys and
psmouse->ps2dev.serio->phys being 32 bytes.

drivers/input/mouse/vmmouse.c: In function ‘vmmouse_init’:
drivers/input/mouse/vmmouse.c:455:53: error: ‘/input1’ directive output may be truncated writing 7 bytes into a region of size between 1 and 32 [-Werror=format-truncation=]
  455 |         snprintf(priv->phys, sizeof(priv->phys), "%s/input1",
      |                                                     ^~~~~~~
drivers/input/mouse/vmmouse.c:455:9: note: ‘snprintf’ output between 8 and 39 bytes into a destination of size 32
  455 |         snprintf(priv->phys, sizeof(priv->phys), "%s/input1",
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  456 |                  psmouse->ps2dev.serio->phys);
      |                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

...