Subject: [PATCH net-next v1 0/6] tools/net/ynl: Add 'sub-message' support to ynl

From: Donald Hunter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2023 17:10:13 +0000

This patchset adds a 'sub-message' attribute type to the netlink-raw
schema and implements it in ynl. This provides support for kind-specific
options attributes as used in rt_link and tc raw netlink families.

A description of the new 'sub-message' attribute type and the
corresponding sub-message definitions is provided in patch 2.

The patchset includes updates to the rt_link spec and a new tc spec that
make use of the new 'sub-message' attribute type.

Patch 1 adds missing scalar types to the netlink-raw schema
Patch 2 and 3 add sub-message support to the schema and ynl
Patch 4 adds binary and pad support to structs in netlink-raw
Patches 5 and 6 contain specs that use the sub-message attribute type

Donald Hunter (6):
  doc/netlink: Add bitfield32, s8, s16 to the netlink-raw schema
  doc/netlink: Add sub-message support to netlink-raw
  tools/net/ynl: Add 'sub-message' attribute decoding to ynl
  tools/net/ynl: Add binary and pad support to structs for tc
  doc/netlink/specs: add sub-message type to rt_link family
  doc/netlink/specs: Add a spec for tc

 Documentation/netlink/netlink-raw.yaml   |   56 +-
 Documentation/netlink/specs/rt_link.yaml |  273 ++-
 Documentation/netlink/specs/tc.yaml      | 2008 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 tools/net/ynl/lib/nlspec.py              |   57 +-
 tools/net/ynl/lib/ynl.py                 |   84 +-
 5 files changed, 2452 insertions(+), 26 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 Documentation/netlink/specs/tc.yaml

-- 
2.42.0