Subject: Re: [PATCH net 0/7] ionic: small driver fixes

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2023 17:42:23 -0800

On Thu, 30 Nov 2023 16:05:12 -0800 Shannon Nelson wrote:
> This is a collection of small fixes for the ionic driver,
> mostly code cleanup items.

Hm, looks cleanup-y indeed. Majority of this looks like net-next
material, really.

1 - fine for net
2 - perf optimization, we generally follow stable rules, which say:

   Serious issues as reported by a user of a distribution kernel may
   also be considered if they fix a notable performance or
   interactivity issue. As these fixes are not as obvious and have a
   higher risk of a subtle regression they should only be submitted by
   a distribution kernel maintainer and include an addendum linking to
   a bugzilla entry if it exists and additional information on the
   user-visible impact.

I doubt serious "user-visible impact" will be the case here, however.

3 - I don't see how this matters, netdev is not registered, locks are
    not initialized, who's going to access that pointer?
4 - cleanup / nop
5 - cleanup / nop
6 - fine for net
7 - optimization and a minor one at that

I appreciate the diligent Fixes tags but I'm afraid we need to be a bit
more judicious in what we consider a fix.
-- 
pw-bot: cr