Subject: Re: [PATCH iwl-net] i40e: Fix ST code value for Clause 45

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2023 16:48:24 +0000

On Wed, Nov 29, 2023 at 05:17:10PM +0100, Ivan Vecera wrote:
> ST code value for clause 45 that has been changed by
> commit 8196b5fd6c73 ("i40e: Refactor I40E_MDIO_CLAUSE* macros")
> is currently wrong.
> 
> The mentioned commit refactored ..MDIO_CLAUSE??_STCODE_MASK so
> their value is the same for both clauses. The value is correct
> for clause 22 but not for clause 45.
> 
> Fix the issue by adding a parameter to I40E_GLGEN_MSCA_STCODE_MASK
> macro that specifies required value.
> 
> Fixes: 8196b5fd6c73 ("i40e: Refactor I40E_MDIO_CLAUSE* macros")
> Signed-off-by: Ivan Vecera <[email-masked]>

Thanks Ivan,

I agree with your analysis and this fix looks good to me.

Reviewed-by: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>