Subject: Re: [ANN] netdev call - Dec 4th

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2023 10:16:49 -0800

On Mon, 4 Dec 2023 10:07:35 -0800 Jakub Kicinski wrote:
> I, again, have a minor update on the CI. I'd also like to talk about
> end-of-year shutdown. Please suggest / come to the meeting with
> other topics!

Meeting notes:

 * Testing:
   * The testing repo is now fully operational, branches are combined
     net + net-next + all cleanly building patches from patchwork.
   * next step for Jakub is to use it to run slow build tests (htmldocs,
     cocci)
   * Jesse trying to get GitHub runner targeting Intel-internal machines
   * reach out to Jesse / Jakub for access to the GitHub

 * Winter Holidays shutdown:
   * Anticipate merge window to start Jan 7th
   * Initial plan - 1 week starting Sat, Dec 23rd to Tue, Jan 2nd
   * Polling in the meeting: 5 votes for 1 week of shutdown, 2 votes for 2 weeks
   * net-next will be closed for new features (fixes for code in
     net-next will be accepted)

 * Dealing with inter-dependencies w/ other trees: what if something
   that landed in net-next is needed in RDMA? If it’s already in, it’s
   too late, if we’re told in advance we can make a “stable branch”.
   Andrew: note that only build time dependencies are a requirement, if
   the functionality doesn’t work in either tree until the merge window
   - that’s fine. 

 * Next meeting on January 2nd (skipping one!)