Subject: Re: [net-next PATCH v4 1/4] dt-bindings: net: phy: Document new LEDs polarity property

From: Rob Herring <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 09:22:09 -0600

On Fri, Dec 15, 2023 at 10:22:41PM +0100, Christian Marangi wrote:
> Document new LEDs polarity property to define what mode the LED needs to
> be put to turn it on.
> 
> Currently supported modes are:
> 
> - active-low
> - active-high
> - active-low-tristate
> - active-high-tristate

Why is having a polarity unique to LEDs on ethernet PHYs? It's not. We 
already have 'active-low' established on several LED bindings. Please 
move the definition to leds/common.yaml and extend it. I would simply 
add an 'inactive-tristate' boolean property (if there's an actual user). 

I do worry this continues to evolve until we've re-created the pinctrl 
binding...

Rob