Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/2] net: phy: Use is_phy_driver() and is_phy_device()

From: Yajun Deng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2024 10:53:32 +0800

There is only one flag that can be set in struct mdio_driver_common and
mdio_device. We can compare the probe of the driver or the type of the
device to implement it. Hence, these flags in struct mdio_driver_common
and mdio_device can be removed.

Introduce is_phy_driver() and is_phy_device(). Use them test the driver
or device.

v1 -> v2:
remove redundant parens and the exported.

Yajun Deng (2):
  net: phy: Cleanup struct mdio_driver_common and introduce
    is_phy_driver()
  net: phy: Introduce is_phy_device()

 drivers/net/dsa/b53/b53_mdio.c          |  2 +-
 drivers/net/dsa/dsa_loop.c              |  2 +-
 drivers/net/dsa/lan9303_mdio.c          |  2 +-
 drivers/net/dsa/microchip/ksz8863_smi.c |  2 +-
 drivers/net/dsa/mt7530-mdio.c           |  2 +-
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6060.c             |  2 +-
 drivers/net/dsa/mv88e6xxx/chip.c        |  2 +-
 drivers/net/dsa/qca/ar9331.c            |  2 +-
 drivers/net/dsa/qca/qca8k-8xxx.c        |  2 +-
 drivers/net/dsa/realtek/realtek-mdio.c  |  2 +-
 drivers/net/dsa/xrs700x/xrs700x_mdio.c  |  2 +-
 drivers/net/phy/mdio_bus.c              |  7 ++--
 drivers/net/phy/mdio_device.c           | 21 +++++-------
 drivers/net/phy/phy_device.c            | 44 ++++++++++++++-----------
 drivers/net/phy/xilinx_gmii2rgmii.c     |  2 +-
 drivers/phy/broadcom/phy-bcm-ns-usb3.c  |  8 ++---
 drivers/phy/broadcom/phy-bcm-ns2-pcie.c |  8 ++---
 include/linux/mdio.h                    | 19 ++---------
 include/linux/phy.h                     | 10 +++---
 19 files changed, 62 insertions(+), 79 deletions(-)

-- 
2.25.1