Subject: [PATCH net 0/7] Networking MAINTAINERS spring 2024 cleanup

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2024 08:45:10 -0800

Starting in 2021 we had been using Jon Corbet's gitdm scripts
to find maintainers missing in action [1]. The scripts analyze
the last 5 years of git history, locate subsystems which
were touched by more than 50 commits, and generate simple
review statistics for each maintainer. We then query the stats
to find maintainers who haven't provided a single tag.

[1] https://lwn.net/Articles/842422/

This series removes folks from Networking who haven't been active
in recent history. This helps shorten the CC lists on patches, and
generally makes MAINTAINERS "reflect reality" more closely.
Moving folks to CREDITS is in no way disparaging their work
as maintainers, we'd be happy to restore them as maintainers
if/when they plan to become active again!

Jakub Kicinski (7):
  MAINTAINERS: eth: mtk: move John to CREDITS
  MAINTAINERS: eth: mt7530: move Landen Chao to CREDITS
  MAINTAINERS: eth: mvneta: move Thomas to CREDITS
  MAINTAINERS: eth: mark Cavium liquidio as an Orphan
  MAINTAINERS: Bluetooth: retire Johan (for now?)
  MAINTAINERS: mark ax25 as Orphan
  MAINTAINERS: ibmvnic: drop Dany from reviewers

 CREDITS     | 17 +++++++++++++++++
 MAINTAINERS | 15 +++------------
 2 files changed, 20 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)

-- 
2.43.0