Subject: [PATCH v2 bpf 0/3] bpf: Fix backward progress bug in bpf_iter_udp

From: Martin KaFai Lau <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2024 09:57:40 -0800

From: Martin KaFai Lau <[email-masked]>

This patch set fixes an issue in bpf_iter_udp that makes backward
progress and prevents the user space process from finishing. There is
a test at the end to reproduce the bug.

Please see individual patches for details.

v2:
- Added patch 1 to fix another bug that goes back to
  the previous bucket
- Simplify the fix in patch 2 to always reset iter->offset to 0
- Add a test case to close all udp_sk in a bucket while
  in the middle of the iteration.

Martin KaFai Lau (3):
  bpf: iter_udp: Retry with a larger batch size without going back to
    the previous bucket
  bpf: Avoid iter->offset making backward progress in bpf_iter_udp
  selftests/bpf: Test udp and tcp iter batching

 net/ipv4/udp.c                                |  22 ++-
 .../bpf/prog_tests/sock_iter_batch.c          | 130 ++++++++++++++++++
 .../selftests/bpf/progs/bpf_tracing_net.h     |   3 +
 .../selftests/bpf/progs/sock_iter_batch.c     | 121 ++++++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 264 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/prog_tests/sock_iter_batch.c
 create mode 100644 tools/testing/selftests/bpf/progs/sock_iter_batch.c

-- 
2.34.1