Subject: Re: [PATCH] [v2] SUNRPC: fix a memleak in gss_import_v2_context

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2024 11:09:05 +0000

On Fri, Jan 12, 2024 at 04:45:38PM +0800, Zhipeng Lu wrote:
> The ctx->mech_used.data allocated by kmemdup is not freed in neither
> gss_import_v2_context nor it only caller radeon_driver_open_kms.

Should radeon_driver_open_kms be gss_krb5_import_sec_context?

Also, perhaps it is useful to write something like this:

... gss_krb5_import_sec_context, which frees ctx on error.

> Thus, this patch reform the last call of gss_import_v2_context to the
> gss_krb5_import_ctx_v2, preventing the memleak while keepping the return
> formation.
> 
> Fixes: 47d848077629 ("gss_krb5: handle new context format from gssd")
> Signed-off-by: Zhipeng Lu <[email-masked]>

Hi Zhipeng Lu,

Other than the comment above, I agree with your analysis.
And that although the problem has changed form slightly,
it was originally introduced by the cited commit.
I also agree that your fix.

...