Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 1/2] dt-bindings: net: adin: add recovered clock output

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2024 17:57:40 -0800

On Wed, 24 Jan 2024 11:25:54 +0100 Fabian Pfitzner wrote:
> The ADIN1300 offers three distinct output clocks which can be accessed
> through the GP_CLK pin. The DT only offers two of the possible options
> and thus the 125MHz-recovered output clock is missing.
> 
> As there is no other way to configure this pin than through the DT it
> should be possible to do so for all available outputs.

Hi Fabian!

If you want to use PHY-recovered clock you should really use the DPLL
subsystem. It will also allow you to configure other PHYs taking this
signal as an input, to forward the clock phase. Read lock state. Etc.

Even if the patches are good (which I'm not saying they are yet ;)) -
you'll have to repost this as a new thread, unfortunately. I'm not sure
why by the way this was posted made patchwork think that the patches
are separate series:

https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/netdevbpf/list/?series=819440
https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/netdevbpf/list/?series=818548

each of which is incomplete, since it only has one patch but subject
says "1/2" and "2/2".