Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] selftests: forwarding: Add missing config entries

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 11:25:38 -0800

On Fri, 26 Jan 2024 17:36:16 +0100 Petr Machata wrote:
> The config file contains a partial kernel configuration to be used by
> `virtme-configkernel --custom'. The presumption is that the config file
> contains all Kconfig options needed by the selftests from the directory.
> 
> In net/forwarding/config, many are missing, which manifests as spurious
> failures when running the selftests, with messages about unknown device
> types, qdisc kinds or classifier actions. Add the missing configurations.
> 
> Tested the resulting configuration using virtme-ng as follows:
> 
>  # vng -b -f tools/testing/selftests/net/forwarding/config
>  # vng --user root
>  (within the VM:)
>  # make -C tools/testing/selftests TARGETS=net/forwarding run_tests

Thanks a lot for fixing this stuff! The patch went into the
net-next-2024-01-26--18-00 branch we got: pass 94 / skip 2 / fail 15

https://netdev.bots.linux.dev/contest.html?branch=net-next-2024-01-26--18-00&executor=vmksft-forwarding&pw-y=0

Clicking thru a handful of the failures it looks like it's about a 50/50
split between timeouts and perf mismatch. 

BTW when it says: "WAIT TIMEOUT stdout" that means the runner got angry
because the test didn't print anything for 20 minutes. I'll bump this
timeout to an hour for the next branch, and lets see how many failures
we have left.