Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 1/2] dt-bindings: net: starfive,jh7110-dwmac: Add JH7100 SoC compatible

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2024 13:04:29 -0800

On Mon, 29 Jan 2024 22:57:11 +0200 Cristian Ciocaltea wrote:
> > First off, have another read of our rules:
> > https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/next/process/maintainer-netdev.html#tl-dr
> > :)  
> 
> Oh, net/net-next suffix is required, will make sure to add it next time!
> 
> The 24h period restriction is still applicable for a RESEND that is
> meant to quickly fix a previous submission issue?

Yes, reposting too quickly often leads to reviewers looking at 
the wrong version.

> > IMHO forwarding the review tag to a newer version of the set yourself
> > (like I just did) is fine. None of the tooling I know checks if that
> > the person posting the tag matches the From:  
> 
> Hmm, I didn't actually test, but according to the link Andrew posted
> above, for b4 it might be necessary to make use of the
> `--sloppy-trailers` flag:
> 
> "Accept trailers where the email address of the sender differs from the
> email address found in the trailer itself."

Hah, interesting. Using a corporate address for the tag but ML-friendly
account for sending the email is quite common. I'm surprised. In any
case, our tools don't do this. I think it's kinda pointless unless the
tool can also prove provenance of the tags already in the patch...