Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/1] wifi: nl80211: Add support for plumbing SAE groups to driver

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2024 17:43:14 -0800

On Mon, 12 Feb 2024 20:58:51 +0100 Johannes Berg wrote:
> And @Broadcom: we really _want_ you to contribute upstream. But that
> shouldn't be dumping APIs over the wall when you need them and letting
> us sort out everything else ...

I may be missing the point but is there any official way we can
designate level of vendor involvement? MAINTAINERS seems like 
the most basic, and we have

BROADCOM BRCM80211 IEEE802.11 WIRELESS DRIVERS
M:	Arend van Spriel <[email-masked]>
L:	[email-masked]
L:	[email-masked]
L:	[email-masked]
S:	Supported
F:	drivers/net/wireless/broadcom/brcm80211/
F:	include/linux/platform_data/brcmfmac.h

where (for the uninitiated):

   Supported:	Someone is actually paid to look after this.

It doesn't seem like Arend is afforded much paid time "to look after
this".

On the Ethernet side I have a nebulous hope to require vendors who want
the "Supported" status to run our in-tree tests against their HW daily.
As a way to trigger the loss of status. Otherwise it's hard to catch
people drifting away.