Subject: [RFC 0/7] selftests: kselftest_harness: use common result printing helper

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2024 16:41:15 -0800

Add a common result printing helper and always include test name
in the result line. Previously when SKIP or XPASS would happen
we printed:

  ok 1 # SKIP unknown

without the test name. Now we'll print:

  ok 1 global.no_pad # SKIP unknown

This appears to be more inline with:
https://docs.kernel.org/dev-tools/ktap.html
and makes parsing results easier.

First 3 patches rearrange kselftest_harness to use exit code
as an enum rather than separate passed/skip/xfail members.

Rest of the series builds a ksft_test_result_code() helper.

This series is on top of:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

Jakub Kicinski (7):
  selftests: kselftest_harness: generate test name once
  selftests: kselftest_harness: save full exit code in metadata
  selftests: kselftest_harness: use exit code to store skip and xfail
  selftests: kselftest: add ksft_test_result_code(), handling all exit
    codes
  selftests: kselftest_harness: print test name for SKIP and XFAIL
  selftests: kselftest_harness: let ksft_test_result_code() handle line
    termination
  selftests: kselftest_harness: let PASS / FAIL provide diagnostic

 tools/testing/selftests/kselftest.h         | 45 ++++++++++
 tools/testing/selftests/kselftest_harness.h | 96 ++++++++++-----------
 tools/testing/selftests/net/tls.c           |  2 +-
 3 files changed, 91 insertions(+), 52 deletions(-)

-- 
2.43.0