Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/3] ice: lighter locking for PTP time reading

From: Michal Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 16:11:22 +0100

This series removes the use of the heavy-weight PTP hardware semaphore
in the gettimex64 path. Instead, serialization of access to the time
register is done using a host-side spinlock. The timer hardware is
shared between PFs on the PCI adapter, so the spinlock must be shared
between ice_pf instances too.

Michal Schmidt (3):
  ice: add ice_adapter for shared data across PFs on the same NIC
  ice: avoid the PTP hardware semaphore in gettimex64 path
  ice: fold ice_ptp_read_time into ice_ptp_gettimex64

 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/Makefile      |  3 +-
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice.h         |  2 +
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_adapter.c | 69 ++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_adapter.h | 28 ++++++++
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_main.c    |  8 +++
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp.c     | 33 ++--------
 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.c  |  3 +
 7 files changed, 116 insertions(+), 30 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_adapter.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_adapter.h

-- 
2.43.2