Subject: [PATCH RFC net-next 0/6] rtl8221b/8251b add C45 instances and SerDes switching

From: Eric Woudstra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2024 08:51:45 +0100

Based on the comments in [PATCH net-next]
"Realtek RTL822x PHY rework to c45 and SerDes interface switching"

Adds SerDes switching interface between 2500base-x and sgmii for
rtl822x and rtl8251b.

Add get_rate_matching() for rtl822x and rtl8251b, reading the serdes
mode from phy.

Change rtlgen_get_speed() so the register value is passed as argument.
Using Clause 45 access, this value is retrieved differently.

Driver instances are added for rtl8221b and rtl8251b for Clause 45
access only. The existing code is not touched, they use newly added
functions. They also use the same rtl822x_config_init() and
rtl822x_get_rate_matching() as these functions also can be used for
direct Clause 45 access. Also Adds definition of MMC 31 registers,
which cannot be used through C45-over-C22, only when phydev->is_c45
is set.

Then 2 quirks are added for sfp modules known to have a rtl8221b
behind RollBall, Clause 45 only, protocol.

Alexander Couzens (1):
  net: phy: realtek: configure SerDes mode for rtl822x/8251b PHYs

Eric Woudstra (4):
  net: phy: realtek: add get_rate_matching() for rtl822x/8251b PHYs
  net: phy: realtek: rtlgen_get_speed(): Pass register value as argument
  net: phy: realtek: Add driver instances for rtl8221b/8251b via Clause
    45
  net: phy: sfp: Fixup for OEM SFP-2.5G-T module

Marek Behún (1):
  net: sfp: add quirk for another multigig RollBall transceiver

 drivers/net/phy/realtek.c | 318 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 drivers/net/phy/sfp.c     |  10 +-
 2 files changed, 307 insertions(+), 21 deletions(-)

-- 
2.42.1