Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/3] netdev: add per-queue statistics

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 17:02:18 -0800

Hi!

Per queue stats keep coming up, so it's about time someone laid
the foundation. This series adds the uAPI, a handful of stats
and a sample support for bnxt. It's not very comprehensive in
terms of stat types or driver support. The expectation is that
the support will grow organically. If we have the basic pieces
in place it will be easy for reviewers to request new stats,
or use of the API in place of ethtool -S.

See patch 3 for sample output.

v2:
 - un-wrap short lines
 - s/stats/qstats/
v1: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
 - rename projection -> scope
 - turn projection/scope into flags
 - remove the "netdev" scope since it's always implied
rfc: https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

Jakub Kicinski (3):
  netdev: add per-queue statistics
  netdev: add queue stat for alloc failures
  eth: bnxt: support per-queue statistics

 Documentation/netlink/specs/netdev.yaml   |  91 +++++++++
 Documentation/networking/statistics.rst   |  15 ++
 drivers/net/ethernet/broadcom/bnxt/bnxt.c |  63 +++++++
 include/linux/netdevice.h                 |   3 +
 include/net/netdev_queues.h               |  56 ++++++
 include/uapi/linux/netdev.h               |  20 ++
 net/core/netdev-genl-gen.c                |  12 ++
 net/core/netdev-genl-gen.h                |   2 +
 net/core/netdev-genl.c                    | 217 ++++++++++++++++++++++
 tools/include/uapi/linux/netdev.h         |  20 ++
 10 files changed, 499 insertions(+)

-- 
2.43.2