Subject: [PATCH net-next 0/3] genetlink: remove linux/genetlink.h

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2024 10:34:55 -0800

There are two genetlink headers net/genetlink.h and linux/genetlink.h
This is similar to netlink.h, but for netlink.h both contain good
amount of code. For genetlink.h the linux/ version is leftover
from when uAPI headers were split out, with 10 lines of code.
Move those lines into other appropriate headers and delete
linux/genetlink.h. I occasionally open the wrong header,
newcomers probably do that all the time.

Jakub Kicinski (3):
  netlink: create a new header for internal genetlink symbols
  net: openvswitch: remove unnecessary linux/genetlink.h include
  genetlink: remove linux/genetlink.h

 drivers/net/wireguard/main.c      |  2 +-
 include/linux/genetlink.h         | 19 -------------------
 include/linux/genl_magic_struct.h |  2 +-
 include/net/genetlink.h           |  9 ++++++++-
 net/batman-adv/main.c             |  2 +-
 net/batman-adv/netlink.c          |  1 -
 net/netlink/af_netlink.c          |  2 +-
 net/netlink/genetlink.c           |  2 ++
 net/netlink/genetlink.h           | 11 +++++++++++
 net/openvswitch/datapath.c        |  1 -
 net/openvswitch/meter.h           |  1 -
 11 files changed, 25 insertions(+), 27 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 include/linux/genetlink.h
 create mode 100644 net/netlink/genetlink.h

-- 
2.44.0