Subject: [PATCH v2 0/4] Bluetooth: qca: fix device-address endianness

From: Johan Hovold <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2024 12:08:51 +0100

The Qualcomm Bluetooth driver is configuring the device address in
reverse order for none-ROME devices, which breaks user space tools like
btmgmt and the 'local-bd-address' devicetree property.

As these Qualcomm controllers lack persistent storage for the device
address, boot firmware can use the 'local-bd-address' devicetree
property to provide a valid address. The property should specify the
address in little endian order, but instead some boot firmware has been
reversing the address to match the buggy Qualcomm driver.

This specifically affects some Chromebook devices for which we now need
to maintain compatibility by deprecating the affected compatible string,
marking the corresponding devicetree properties as broken, and reversing
the addresses after parsing them. Fortunately, only 'qcom,wcn3991-bt' is
impacted and needs to be deprecated this way according to the Chromium
team [1].

Note that this series depends on the following revert:

	https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/

Johan

[1] https://lore.kernel.org/lkml/[email-masked]/

Changes in v2
 - add quirk to handle deprecated devicetree compatibles that expect
   broken address properties
 - deprecate 'qcom,wcn3991-bt' and mark it as broken

Johan Hovold (4):
  dt-bindings: bluetooth: add new wcn3991 compatible to fix bd_addr
  Bluetooth: add quirk for broken address properties
  Bluetooth: qca: fix device-address endianness
  Bluetooth: qca: fix wcn3991 'local-bd-address' endianness

 .../net/bluetooth/qualcomm-bluetooth.yaml     | 29 +++++++++++--------
 drivers/bluetooth/btqca.c                     |  8 +++--
 drivers/bluetooth/hci_qca.c                   | 11 +++++++
 include/net/bluetooth/hci.h                   | 10 +++++++
 net/bluetooth/hci_sync.c                      |  5 +++-
 5 files changed, 48 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)

-- 
2.43.2