Subject: [PATCH net-next v2 0/6] Remove RTNL lock protection of CVQ

From: Daniel Jurgens <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2024 06:47:09 +0200

Currently the buffer used for control VQ commands is protected by the
RTNL lock. Previously this wasn't a major concern because the control
VQ was only used during device setup and user interaction. With the
recent addition of dynamic interrupt moderation the control VQ may be
used frequently during normal operation.

This series removes the RNTL lock dependancy by introducing a spin lock
to protect the control buffer and writing SGs to the control VQ.

v2:
	- New patch to only process the provided queue in
	  virtnet_dim_work
	- New patch to lock per queue rx coalescing structure.

Daniel Jurgens (6):
  virtio_net: Store RSS setting in virtnet_info
  virtio_net: Remove command data from control_buf
  virtio_net: Add a lock for the command VQ.
  virtio_net: Do DIM update for specified queue only
  virtio_net: Add a lock for per queue RX coalesce
  virtio_net: Remove rtnl lock protection of command buffers

 drivers/net/virtio_net.c | 243 +++++++++++++++++++++------------------
 1 file changed, 134 insertions(+), 109 deletions(-)

-- 
2.42.0