Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v1 2/2] tools/net/ynl: Add multi message support to ynl

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 14:46:39 -0700

On Fri, 29 Mar 2024 21:01:09 +0000 Donald Hunter wrote:
> There's no response for 'batch-begin' or 'batch-end'. We may need a
> per op spec property to tell us if a request will be acknowledged.

:(

Pablo, could we possibly start processing the ACK flags on those
messages? Maybe the existing user space doesn't set ACK so nobody
would notice?

I don't think the messages are otherwise marked as special from 
the "netlink layer" perspective.

> > I think this was a blind spot on my part because nftables doesn't
> > support batch for get operations:
> >
> > https://elixir.bootlin.com/linux/latest/source/net/netfilter/nf_tables_api.c#L9092
> >
> > I'll need to try using multi for gets without any batch messages and see how
> > everything behaves.  
> 
> Okay, so it can be made to work. Will incorporate into the next revision:

Great!

---

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 14:46:39 -0700

:(

Great!

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 b.mx.secunet.com 6BFD82032C
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 14:46:39 -0700
From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
To: Donald Hunter <[email-masked]>, Pablo Neira Ayuso
 <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], "David S. Miller" <[email-masked]>, Eric
 Dumazet <[email-masked]>, Paolo Abeni <[email-masked]>, Jiri Pirko
 <[email-masked]>, Jacob Keller <[email-masked]>, Stanislav
 Fomichev <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v1 2/2] tools/net/ynl: Add multi message
 support to ynl

:(

Great!