Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v4 1/3] net: ethernet: ti: am65-cpts: Enable PTP RX HW timestamp using CPTS FIFO

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 15:01:16 -0700

On Wed, 27 Mar 2024 11:12:32 +0530 Chintan Vankar wrote:
> CPTS module supports capturing timestamp for every packet it receives,
> add a new function named "am65_cpts_find_rx_ts()" to get the timestamp
> of received packets from CPTS FIFO.
> 
> Add another function named "am65_cpts_rx_timestamp()" which internally
> calls "am65_cpts_find_rx_ts()" function and timestamps the received
> PTP packets.

Maybe i'm unusually tied today but reading this patch without reading
the next one makes no sense. I mean, you say:

  CPTS module supports capturing timestamp for every packet it
  receives...

How is that relevant here.

When you post v5 please make sure to include a cover letter, explaining
the overall goal and impact of the series.

> +			list_del_init(&event->list);
> +			list_add(&event->list, &cpts->pool);

list_move() ?
-- 
pw-bot: cr

---

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 15:01:16 -0700

list_move() ?
-- 
pw-bot: cr

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 b.mx.secunet.com BE1E4200BB
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 15:01:16 -0700
From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
To: Chintan Vankar <[email-masked]>
Cc: Dan Carpenter <[email-masked]>, Siddharth Vadapalli
 <[email-masked]>, Grygorii Strashko <[email-masked]>, "Heiner
 Kallweit" <[email-masked]>, Vladimir Oltean
 <[email-masked]>, Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>, Roger Quadros
 <[email-masked]>, Richard Cochran <[email-masked]>, Paolo
 Abeni <[email-masked]>, Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>, "David S.
 Miller" <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v4 1/3] net: ethernet: ti: am65-cpts: Enable
 PTP RX HW timestamp using CPTS FIFO

list_move() ?
-- 
pw-bot: cr

---

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 15:01:16 -0700

list_move() ?
-- 
pw-bot: cr

DKIM-Filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.11.0 b.mx.secunet.com 4C0D5200BB

list_move() ?
-- 
pw-bot: cr