Subject: [PATCH v3 net-next 0/6] rtl8226b/8221b add C45 instances and SerDes switching

From: Eric Woudstra <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 07:58:42 +0200

Based on the comments in [PATCH net-next]
"Realtek RTL822x PHY rework to c45 and SerDes interface switching"

Adds SerDes switching interface between 2500base-x and sgmii for
rtl8221b and rtl8226b.

Add get_rate_matching() for rtl8226b and rtl8221b, reading the serdes
mode from phy.

Driver instances are added for rtl8226b and rtl8221b for Clause 45
access only. The existing code is not touched, they use newly added
functions. They also use the same rtl822xb_config_init() and
rtl822xb_get_rate_matching() as these functions also can be used for
direct Clause 45 access. Also Adds definition of MMC 31 registers,
which cannot be used through C45-over-C22, only when phydev->is_c45
is set.

Change rtlgen_get_speed() so the register value is passed as argument.
Using Clause 45 access, this value is retrieved differently.
Rename it to rtlgen_decode_speed() and add a call to it in
rtl822x_c45_read_status().

Add rtl822x_c45_get_features() to set supported ports for rtl8221b.

Then 1 quirk is added for sfp modules known to have a rtl8221b
behind RollBall, Clause 45 only, protocol.

Changed in PATCH v3:
* Only apply to rtl8221b and rtl8226b phy's
* Set phydev->rate_matching in .config_init()
* Removed OEM SFP fixup for now, as there are modules with the same
  vendor name/PN, but with different PHY's. We found rtl8221b, but
  also the ty8821, which is not supported.

Changed in PATCH v2:

* Set author to Marek for the commit of the new C45 instances
* Separate commit for setting supported ports
* Renamed rtlgen_get_speed to rtlgen_decode_speed
* Always fill in possible interfaces
* Renamed sfp_fixup_oem_2_5g to sfp_fixup_oem_2_5gbaset
* Only update phydev->interface when link is up

Alexander Couzens (1):
  net: phy: realtek: configure SerDes mode for rtl822xb PHYs

Eric Woudstra (3):
  net: phy: realtek: add get_rate_matching() for rtl822xb PHYs
  net: phy: realtek: Change rtlgen_get_speed() to rtlgen_decode_speed()
  net: phy: realtek: add rtl822x_c45_get_features() to set supported
    ports

Marek Behún (2):
  net: phy: realtek: Add driver instances for rtl8221b via Clause 45
  net: sfp: add quirk for another multigig RollBall transceiver

 drivers/net/phy/realtek.c | 327 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---
 drivers/net/phy/sfp.c     |   1 +
 2 files changed, 302 insertions(+), 26 deletions(-)

-- 
2.42.1