Subject: Re: [PATCH V4 0/5] mlx5 ConnectX control misc driver

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 17:01:49 -0700

On Wed, 3 Apr 2024 13:31:46 -0600 David Ahern wrote:
> > ... Patches aren't languishing for want of reviewer resources; it's just that it
> >  takes *submitter* time and effort to bring them up to the quality level
> >  that's required, and occasionally the vendor has to (shock! horror!)
> >  tell the world what one of their magic knobs actually *does*. ...
> > 
> > ^^^^ Content
> > This paragraph alone shows that you completely didn't understand the
> > discussion here.
> 
> +1

"didn't understand the discussion" is an ironic thing for you to +1,
David. After all my emails about HNS3 RDMA you somehow concluded today
that I want to make rules for the entire kernel:
https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/

And I second what Ed said. I have asked multiple vendors preaching
impossibilism in this thread to start posting those knobs. I offered
to do a quick off-list review of the list of knobs they have to give 
a quick yay / nay, so they don't waste time implementing things that
would get nacked. None of the vendors bothered taking me up on that
offer.