Subject: Re: [PATCH V4 0/5] mlx5 ConnectX control misc driver

From: Leon Romanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2024 22:00:12 +0300

On Wed, Apr 03, 2024 at 01:26:50PM +0100, Edward Cree wrote:
> On 02/04/2024 19:48, Leon Romanovsky wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 02, 2024 at 05:32:44PM +0100, Edward Cree wrote:
> >>  you're getting maintainer pushback.
> > 
> > May I suggest you to take a short break, collect names of people who
> > participated in this discussion and check in git history/MAINTAINERS
> > file their contribution to the linux kernel?
> Whether you like it or not, Kuba is a kernel maintainer.
> And thus, semantically, a Nack from him is "maintainer pushback".
> That remains true regardless of who else in the discussion is also
>  a kernel maintainer.
> 
> If you had an actual point, feel free to explain to me, without the
>  veiled language, what was so 'inappropriate' about my posting.

Language, tone, and content of your email were inappropriate:

https://lore.kernel.org/all/[email-masked]/
...certain vendors whining...

^^^^ Language

... possibly they thought devlink params would just get rubber-
 stamped — and now they're finding that the kernel's quality standards
 still apply. ...

^^^^ Tone
EVERYONE who participated in this discussion knows about kernel's
quality standards.

... Patches aren't languishing for want of reviewer resources; it's just that it
 takes *submitter* time and effort to bring them up to the quality level
 that's required, and occasionally the vendor has to (shock! horror!)
 tell the world what one of their magic knobs actually *does*. ...

^^^^ Content
This paragraph alone shows that you completely didn't understand the
discussion here.

Thanks