Subject: Re: [PATCH v24 00/20] nvme-tcp receive offloads

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2024 22:45:04 -0700

Doesn't apply, again, unfortunately.

On Thu,  4 Apr 2024 12:36:57 +0000 Aurelien Aptel wrote:
> Testing
> =======
> This series was tested on ConnectX-7 HW using various configurations
> of IO sizes, queue depths, MTUs, and with both the SPDK and kernel NVMe-TCP
> targets.

About testing, what do you have in terms of a testing setup?
As you said this is similar to the TLS offload:

> Note:
> These offloads are similar in nature to the packet-based NIC TLS offloads,
> which are already upstream (see net/tls/tls_device.c).
> You can read more about TLS offload here:
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/networking/tls-offload.html

and our experience trying to maintain and extend the very much used SW
kernel TLS implementation in presence of the device offload is mixed :(
We can't test it, we break it, get CVEs for it :( In all fairness 
the inline offload is probably not as bad as the crypto accelerator
path, but still it breaks. So assuming that this gets all the necessary
acks can we expect you to plug some testing into the netdev CI so that
we see whether any incoming change is breaking this offload?