Subject: [ANN] netconf 2024 open for submissions

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2024 09:12:55 -0700

Hi!

As many of you know we try to organize a small gathering of maintainers
and (subset of) key contributors each year, and call it netconf (not to
be confused with the larger netdev.conf). If everything goes according
to plan, this year’s netconf will be held during LPC in Vienna.
Netconf used to be by-invitation-only but we’d like to experiment with
opening up the conference a little bit. We have already hand-picked
a number of people, but there’s a number of “seats” left. If you have
made or are planning to make interesting contributions to the
networking stack in the next 6 months, or have a use case/problem
of major interest to discuss - please contact the maintainers and
describe the topic. Descriptions can be as short as a few sentences.

Keep in mind that the conference is discussion oriented.

We want to keep a hard limit of 20 attendees, so please expect the
selection process to appear arbitrary. The selection process will
account for many factors, importance and technical quality of
the work is just a part of it. Nonetheless shoot your shot, please!

The submission deadline is 2 months before the conference - July 16th.

 - netdev maintainers