Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 iwl-next 05/12] ice: Move CGU block

From: kernel test robot <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 07:23:51 +0800

Hi Karol,

kernel test robot noticed the following build warnings:

[auto build test WARNING on c6f2492cda380a8bce00f61c3a4272401fbb9043]

url:    https://github.com/intel-lab-lkp/linux/commits/Karol-Kolacinski/ice-Introduce-ice_ptp_hw-struct/20240408-192129
base:   c6f2492cda380a8bce00f61c3a4272401fbb9043
patch link:    https://lore.kernel.org/r/20240408111814.404583-19-karol.kolacinski%40intel.com
patch subject: [PATCH v7 iwl-next 05/12] ice: Move CGU block
config: arm-randconfig-002-20240412 (https://download.01.org/0day-ci/archive/20240412/[email-masked]/config)
compiler: clang version 16.0.4 (https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project.git ae42196bc493ffe877a7e3dff8be32035dea4d07)
reproduce (this is a W=1 build): (https://download.01.org/0day-ci/archive/20240412/[email-masked]/reproduce)

If you fix the issue in a separate patch/commit (i.e. not just a new version of
the same patch/commit), kindly add following tags
| Reported-by: kernel test robot <[email-masked]>
| Closes: https://lore.kernel.org/oe-kbuild-all/[email-masked]/

All warnings (new ones prefixed by >>):

>> drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.c:902:19: warning: shift count is negative [-Wshift-count-negative]
           high = FIELD_GET(P_REG_40B_HIGH_M, val);
                  ~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.h:381:27: note: expanded from macro 'P_REG_40B_HIGH_M'
   #define P_REG_40B_HIGH_M                GENMASK(39, 8)
                                           ^
   include/linux/bits.h:35:31: note: expanded from macro 'GENMASK'
           (GENMASK_INPUT_CHECK(h, l) + __GENMASK(h, l))
                                        ^
   include/uapi/linux/bits.h:9:19: note: expanded from macro '__GENMASK'
            (~_UL(0) >> (__BITS_PER_LONG - 1 - (h))))
                     ^
   note: (skipping 3 expansions in backtrace; use -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 to see all)
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:460:22: note: expanded from macro 'compiletime_assert'
           _compiletime_assert(condition, msg, __compiletime_assert_, __COUNTER__)
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:448:23: note: expanded from macro '_compiletime_assert'
           __compiletime_assert(condition, msg, prefix, suffix)
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:440:9: note: expanded from macro '__compiletime_assert'
                   if (!(condition))                                       \
                         ^~~~~~~~~
>> drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.c:902:19: warning: shift count is negative [-Wshift-count-negative]
           high = FIELD_GET(P_REG_40B_HIGH_M, val);
                  ~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.h:381:27: note: expanded from macro 'P_REG_40B_HIGH_M'
   #define P_REG_40B_HIGH_M                GENMASK(39, 8)
                                           ^
   include/linux/bits.h:35:31: note: expanded from macro 'GENMASK'
           (GENMASK_INPUT_CHECK(h, l) + __GENMASK(h, l))
                                        ^
   include/uapi/linux/bits.h:9:19: note: expanded from macro '__GENMASK'
            (~_UL(0) >> (__BITS_PER_LONG - 1 - (h))))
                     ^
   note: (skipping 3 expansions in backtrace; use -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 to see all)
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:460:22: note: expanded from macro 'compiletime_assert'
           _compiletime_assert(condition, msg, __compiletime_assert_, __COUNTER__)
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:448:23: note: expanded from macro '_compiletime_assert'
           __compiletime_assert(condition, msg, prefix, suffix)
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:440:9: note: expanded from macro '__compiletime_assert'
                   if (!(condition))                                       \
                         ^~~~~~~~~
>> drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.c:902:19: warning: shift count is negative [-Wshift-count-negative]
           high = FIELD_GET(P_REG_40B_HIGH_M, val);
                  ~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.h:381:27: note: expanded from macro 'P_REG_40B_HIGH_M'
   #define P_REG_40B_HIGH_M                GENMASK(39, 8)
                                           ^
   include/linux/bits.h:35:31: note: expanded from macro 'GENMASK'
           (GENMASK_INPUT_CHECK(h, l) + __GENMASK(h, l))
                                        ^
   include/uapi/linux/bits.h:9:19: note: expanded from macro '__GENMASK'
            (~_UL(0) >> (__BITS_PER_LONG - 1 - (h))))
                     ^
   note: (skipping 3 expansions in backtrace; use -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 to see all)
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:460:22: note: expanded from macro 'compiletime_assert'
           _compiletime_assert(condition, msg, __compiletime_assert_, __COUNTER__)
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:448:23: note: expanded from macro '_compiletime_assert'
           __compiletime_assert(condition, msg, prefix, suffix)
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:440:9: note: expanded from macro '__compiletime_assert'
                   if (!(condition))                                       \
                         ^~~~~~~~~
>> drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.c:902:19: warning: shift count is negative [-Wshift-count-negative]
           high = FIELD_GET(P_REG_40B_HIGH_M, val);
                  ~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.h:381:27: note: expanded from macro 'P_REG_40B_HIGH_M'
   #define P_REG_40B_HIGH_M                GENMASK(39, 8)
                                           ^
   include/linux/bits.h:35:31: note: expanded from macro 'GENMASK'
           (GENMASK_INPUT_CHECK(h, l) + __GENMASK(h, l))
                                        ^
   include/uapi/linux/bits.h:9:19: note: expanded from macro '__GENMASK'
            (~_UL(0) >> (__BITS_PER_LONG - 1 - (h))))
                     ^
   note: (skipping 4 expansions in backtrace; use -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 to see all)
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:460:22: note: expanded from macro 'compiletime_assert'
           _compiletime_assert(condition, msg, __compiletime_assert_, __COUNTER__)
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:448:23: note: expanded from macro '_compiletime_assert'
           __compiletime_assert(condition, msg, prefix, suffix)
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:440:9: note: expanded from macro '__compiletime_assert'
                   if (!(condition))                                       \
                         ^~~~~~~~~
>> drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.c:902:19: warning: shift count is negative [-Wshift-count-negative]
           high = FIELD_GET(P_REG_40B_HIGH_M, val);
                  ~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.h:381:27: note: expanded from macro 'P_REG_40B_HIGH_M'
   #define P_REG_40B_HIGH_M                GENMASK(39, 8)
                                           ^
   include/linux/bits.h:35:31: note: expanded from macro 'GENMASK'
           (GENMASK_INPUT_CHECK(h, l) + __GENMASK(h, l))
                                        ^
   include/uapi/linux/bits.h:9:19: note: expanded from macro '__GENMASK'
            (~_UL(0) >> (__BITS_PER_LONG - 1 - (h))))
                     ^
   note: (skipping 4 expansions in backtrace; use -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 to see all)
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:460:22: note: expanded from macro 'compiletime_assert'
           _compiletime_assert(condition, msg, __compiletime_assert_, __COUNTER__)
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:448:23: note: expanded from macro '_compiletime_assert'
           __compiletime_assert(condition, msg, prefix, suffix)
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:440:9: note: expanded from macro '__compiletime_assert'
                   if (!(condition))                                       \
                         ^~~~~~~~~
>> drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.c:902:19: warning: shift count is negative [-Wshift-count-negative]
           high = FIELD_GET(P_REG_40B_HIGH_M, val);
                  ~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.h:381:27: note: expanded from macro 'P_REG_40B_HIGH_M'
   #define P_REG_40B_HIGH_M                GENMASK(39, 8)
                                           ^
   include/linux/bits.h:35:31: note: expanded from macro 'GENMASK'
           (GENMASK_INPUT_CHECK(h, l) + __GENMASK(h, l))
                                        ^
   include/uapi/linux/bits.h:9:19: note: expanded from macro '__GENMASK'
            (~_UL(0) >> (__BITS_PER_LONG - 1 - (h))))
                     ^
   note: (skipping 5 expansions in backtrace; use -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 to see all)
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:460:22: note: expanded from macro 'compiletime_assert'
           _compiletime_assert(condition, msg, __compiletime_assert_, __COUNTER__)
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:448:23: note: expanded from macro '_compiletime_assert'
           __compiletime_assert(condition, msg, prefix, suffix)
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:440:9: note: expanded from macro '__compiletime_assert'
                   if (!(condition))                                       \
                         ^~~~~~~~~
>> drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.c:902:19: warning: shift count is negative [-Wshift-count-negative]
           high = FIELD_GET(P_REG_40B_HIGH_M, val);
                  ~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.h:381:27: note: expanded from macro 'P_REG_40B_HIGH_M'
   #define P_REG_40B_HIGH_M                GENMASK(39, 8)
                                           ^
   include/linux/bits.h:35:31: note: expanded from macro 'GENMASK'
           (GENMASK_INPUT_CHECK(h, l) + __GENMASK(h, l))
                                        ^
   include/uapi/linux/bits.h:9:19: note: expanded from macro '__GENMASK'
            (~_UL(0) >> (__BITS_PER_LONG - 1 - (h))))
                     ^
   note: (skipping 6 expansions in backtrace; use -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 to see all)
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:460:22: note: expanded from macro 'compiletime_assert'
           _compiletime_assert(condition, msg, __compiletime_assert_, __COUNTER__)
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:448:23: note: expanded from macro '_compiletime_assert'
           __compiletime_assert(condition, msg, prefix, suffix)
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:440:9: note: expanded from macro '__compiletime_assert'
                   if (!(condition))                                       \
                         ^~~~~~~~~
>> drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.c:902:19: warning: shift count is negative [-Wshift-count-negative]
           high = FIELD_GET(P_REG_40B_HIGH_M, val);
                  ~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.h:381:27: note: expanded from macro 'P_REG_40B_HIGH_M'
   #define P_REG_40B_HIGH_M                GENMASK(39, 8)
                                           ^
   include/linux/bits.h:35:31: note: expanded from macro 'GENMASK'
           (GENMASK_INPUT_CHECK(h, l) + __GENMASK(h, l))
                                        ^
   include/uapi/linux/bits.h:9:19: note: expanded from macro '__GENMASK'
            (~_UL(0) >> (__BITS_PER_LONG - 1 - (h))))
                     ^
   note: (skipping 5 expansions in backtrace; use -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 to see all)
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:460:22: note: expanded from macro 'compiletime_assert'
           _compiletime_assert(condition, msg, __compiletime_assert_, __COUNTER__)
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:448:23: note: expanded from macro '_compiletime_assert'
           __compiletime_assert(condition, msg, prefix, suffix)
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:440:9: note: expanded from macro '__compiletime_assert'
                   if (!(condition))                                       \
                         ^~~~~~~~~
>> drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.c:902:19: warning: shift count is negative [-Wshift-count-negative]
           high = FIELD_GET(P_REG_40B_HIGH_M, val);
                  ~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.h:381:27: note: expanded from macro 'P_REG_40B_HIGH_M'
   #define P_REG_40B_HIGH_M                GENMASK(39, 8)
                                           ^
   include/linux/bits.h:35:31: note: expanded from macro 'GENMASK'
           (GENMASK_INPUT_CHECK(h, l) + __GENMASK(h, l))
                                        ^
   include/uapi/linux/bits.h:9:19: note: expanded from macro '__GENMASK'
            (~_UL(0) >> (__BITS_PER_LONG - 1 - (h))))
                     ^
   note: (skipping 6 expansions in backtrace; use -fmacro-backtrace-limit=0 to see all)
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:460:22: note: expanded from macro 'compiletime_assert'
           _compiletime_assert(condition, msg, __compiletime_assert_, __COUNTER__)
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:448:23: note: expanded from macro '_compiletime_assert'
           __compiletime_assert(condition, msg, prefix, suffix)
           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   include/linux/compiler_types.h:440:9: note: expanded from macro '__compiletime_assert'
                   if (!(condition))                                       \
                         ^~~~~~~~~
>> drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.c:902:19: warning: shift count is negative [-Wshift-count-negative]
           high = FIELD_GET(P_REG_40B_HIGH_M, val);
                  ~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.h:381:27: note: expanded from macro 'P_REG_40B_HIGH_M'
   #define P_REG_40B_HIGH_M                GENMASK(39, 8)
                                           ^
   include/linux/bits.h:35:31: note: expanded from macro 'GENMASK'
           (GENMASK_INPUT_CHECK(h, l) + __GENMASK(h, l))
                                        ^
   include/uapi/linux/bits.h:9:19: note: expanded from macro '__GENMASK'
            (~_UL(0) >> (__BITS_PER_LONG - 1 - (h))))
                     ^
   include/linux/bitfield.h:156:30: note: expanded from macro 'FIELD_GET'
                   (typeof(_mask))(((_reg) & (_mask)) >> __bf_shf(_mask)); \
                                              ^~~~~
>> drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.c:902:19: warning: shift count is negative [-Wshift-count-negative]
           high = FIELD_GET(P_REG_40B_HIGH_M, val);
                  ~~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.h:381:27: note: expanded from macro 'P_REG_40B_HIGH_M'
   #define P_REG_40B_HIGH_M                GENMASK(39, 8)
                                           ^
   include/linux/bits.h:35:31: note: expanded from macro 'GENMASK'
           (GENMASK_INPUT_CHECK(h, l) + __GENMASK(h, l))
                                        ^
   include/uapi/linux/bits.h:9:19: note: expanded from macro '__GENMASK'
            (~_UL(0) >> (__BITS_PER_LONG - 1 - (h))))
                     ^
   include/linux/bitfield.h:156:50: note: expanded from macro 'FIELD_GET'
                   (typeof(_mask))(((_reg) & (_mask)) >> __bf_shf(_mask)); \
                                                         ~~~~~~~~~^~~~~~
   include/linux/bitfield.h:45:38: note: expanded from macro '__bf_shf'
   #define __bf_shf(x) (__builtin_ffsll(x) - 1)
                                        ^
   11 warnings generated.

vim +902 drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ice/ice_ptp_hw.c

   875	
   876	/**
   877	 * ice_write_40b_phy_reg_e82x - Write a 40b value to the PHY
   878	 * @hw: pointer to the HW struct
   879	 * @port: port to write to
   880	 * @low_addr: offset of the low register
   881	 * @val: 40b value to write
   882	 *
   883	 * Write the provided 40b value to the two associated registers by splitting
   884	 * it up into two chunks, the lower 8 bits and the upper 32 bits.
   885	 */
   886	static int
   887	ice_write_40b_phy_reg_e82x(struct ice_hw *hw, u8 port, u16 low_addr, u64 val)
   888	{
   889		u32 low, high;
   890		u16 high_addr;
   891		int err;
   892	
   893		/* Only operate on registers known to be split into a lower 8 bit
   894		 * register and an upper 32 bit register.
   895		 */
   896		if (!ice_is_40b_phy_reg_e82x(low_addr, &high_addr)) {
   897			ice_debug(hw, ICE_DBG_PTP, "Invalid 40b register addr 0x%08x\n",
   898				  low_addr);
   899			return -EINVAL;
   900		}
   901		low = FIELD_GET(P_REG_40B_LOW_M, val);
 > 902		high = FIELD_GET(P_REG_40B_HIGH_M, val);
   903	
   904		err = ice_write_phy_reg_e82x(hw, port, low_addr, low);
   905		if (err) {
   906			ice_debug(hw, ICE_DBG_PTP, "Failed to write to low register 0x%08x\n, err %d",
   907				  low_addr, err);
   908			return err;
   909		}
   910	
   911		err = ice_write_phy_reg_e82x(hw, port, high_addr, high);
   912		if (err) {
   913			ice_debug(hw, ICE_DBG_PTP, "Failed to write to high register 0x%08x\n, err %d",
   914				  high_addr, err);
   915			return err;
   916		}
   917	
   918		return 0;
   919	}
   920	

-- 
0-DAY CI Kernel Test Service
https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/wiki