Subject: [RFC PATCH 0/2] mxl-gpy: add option to match SGMII speed to the TPI speed

From: Stefan Eichenberger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2024 14:10:30 +0200

The mxl-gpy phy supports a mode in which it sets the SGMII speed to that
negotiated over the twisted pair interface (tpi). This is useful if the
Ethernet controller is not capable of autonegotiation over SGMII, or
does not support the mode implemented by the mxl-gpy driver. This patch
adds a new property to the device tree bindings to enable this mode.

I marked this series as an RFC because I'm not sure if adding a new
property is the way to go or if we should use the in-band-status of the
phylink instead. Unfortunately, it is not possible to access the phylink
structure in the phy context. This would mean that I would have to add a
new function to the phylink driver that would allow us to access the
cur_link_an_mode property, or am I missing something?

Stefan Eichenberger (2):
  dt-bindings: net: phy: gpy2xx: add sgmii-match-tpi-speed property
  net: phy: mxl-gpy: add new device tree property to disable SGMII
    autoneg

 .../bindings/net/maxlinear,gpy2xx.yaml         |  6 ++++++
 drivers/net/phy/mxl-gpy.c                      | 18 +++++++++++++++++-
 2 files changed, 23 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.40.1