Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v1] lan78xx: Enable 125 MHz CLK and Auto Speed configuration for LAN7801 if NO EEPROM is detected

From: Simon Horman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2024 09:49:31 +0100

On Thu, May 02, 2024 at 10:25:03AM +0530, Rengarajan S wrote:
> The 125MHz and 25MHz clock configurations are done in the initialization
> regardless of EEPROM (125MHz is needed for RGMII 1000Mbps operation). After
> a lite reset (lan78xx_reset), these contents go back to defaults(all 0, so
> no 125MHz or 25MHz clock and no ASD/ADD). Also, after the lite reset, the
> LAN7800 enables the ASD/ADD in the absence of EEPROM. There is no such
> check for LAN7801.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Rengarajan S <[email-masked]>

Hi Rengarajan,

This patch seems address two issues.
So I think it would be best to split it into two patches.

Also, are these problems bugs - do they have adverse effect visible by
users? If so perhaps they should be targeted at 'net' rather than
'net-next', and an appropriate Fixes tag should appear just above
the Signed-off-by line (no blank line in between).

...

-- 
pw-bot: under-review