Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next 0/1] mlx5: Add netdev-genl queue stats

From: Jakub Kicinski <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2024 19:08:39 -0700

On Thu, 9 May 2024 01:57:52 +0000 Joe Damato wrote:
> If I'm following that right and understanding mlx5 (two things I am
> unlikely to do simultaneously), that sounds to me like:
> 
> - mlx5e_get_queue_stats_rx and mlx5e_get_queue_stats_tx check if i <
>   priv->channels.params.num_channels (instead of priv->stats_nch),

Yes, tho, not sure whether the "if i < ...num_channels" is even
necessary, as core already checks against real_num_rx_queues.

>   and when
>   summing mlx5e_sq_stats in the latter function, it's up to
>   priv->channels.params.mqprio.num_tc instead of priv->max_opened_tc.
> 
> - mlx5e_get_base_stats accumulates and outputs stats for everything from
>   priv->channels.params.num_channels to priv->stats_nch, and

I'm not sure num_channels gets set to 0 when device is down so possibly
from "0 if down else ...num_channels" to stats_nch.

>   priv->channels.params.mqprio.num_tc to priv->max_opened_tc... which
>   should cover the inactive queues, I think.
> 
> Just writing that all out to avoid hacking up the wrong thing for the v2
> and to reduce overall noise on the list :)